Monday 18 February 2013

Hello Balanced Training - or 9 runs and 33km later

Last week, MyASICS app informed me that I've completed the 'Pre-Conditioning' phase of my half-marathon training and I have now entered the phase of 'Balanced Training'.

Within the 'Balanced Training' phase I will run approx. 156km over 18 runs. The suggested training runs are a mix of build-up and pace runs to prepare for speed and endurance.
My Balanced Training phase
Within the Pre-Conditioning phase I didn't stick too much to my suggested training schedule, as you can see from the screenshot below. I managed to run at least twice a week and ran a 10K run on 27th March - overall I managed to log 9 runs with about 33 km distance.
My completed Pre-Conditioning phase
When I compare the distance of all my runs with the average pace time, it is clear that while I'm now running longer distances my average pace improved to below 7mins (!) That is quite an achievement as it seemed to me I was stuck in the 7mins plus pace zone.
Distance vs. Pace
My next training run is arranged for tomorrow as well as a nice job for Friday and a long run on Sunday. The training plan suggests I should run a 10K run on Wednesday, which I find very hard to do in between work and studies. My next 10K race is booked for 9th March. If the training is a success, I should really improve my overall running pace and run 10K without any major strains.
Have any of you had experiences with training plans? I'd be happy to hear other success stories as encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment