Wednesday 16 January 2013

My first run for 2013: Hadleigh Legacy 10K

The first run I've signed up for 2013 is the Hadleigh Legacy 10K on 27th January, organised by Nice Work.

Hadleigh Castle Panorama © Chris Beach, Wikipedia

Date: 27th January 2013
Location: Hadleigh Country Park, Chapel Lane, Hadleigh, Essex SS7 2PP
Time: 10:30
Challenge: Suitable for runners of all standards

This run attracted my attention as is takes place on one of London 2012 Olympic venues, the Mountain Bike Circuit used for the MTB Olympic races. It is an off-road run along the MTB course, footpaths and trails on the grounds of Hadleigh Castle.
As my first off-road challenge ever it will be tough but hopefully enjoyable. Unlike my last 10K, this time I have not followed a set training plan, but continued running twice to three times a week. The cold weather at the moment makes training much harder and proves a touch challenge on my immune system. I hope the snow will be gone by next weekend and I might be able to shed one layer of clothes by the time of my run.
Hadleigh Mountain Bike Course © Teamhadleigh.org
If you feel like you're up for this challenge too, there is still time to enter online at runnersworld.co.uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment