Thursday 11 April 2013

The Sound of Music

My perfect day out running can only get better with the perfect tune in my ears. For me, music is not only a great motivator but it also helps to set my running pace. The key to a successful play list is to match the beat to your running pace. Be careful though, anything too slow or too fast might play havoc with your pace!

When I set up my play list I chose songs that have an upbeat feel to it and keep me going. I'm usually an indie music lover, but when it comes to running dance, pop, techno, reggae, Austro pop, anything with a good beat that makes me happy has to be on my play list. No matter what decade, guilty pleasure or not, as long as it makes me happy, I simply go for it!

So here I present my personal running music play list in the following order:

Calvin Harris - Acceptable in the 80's

Daft Punk - Around the world

Gorillaz - Dare

The Cure - Friday I'm in love

Blondie - Heart of Glass

Martin Solveig - Hello

The Bravery - An honest mistake

David Holmes - I heard wonders

Groove Armada - I see you baby

The Coral - In the morning

Depeche Mode - Just can't get enough

The Chemical Brothers - Let forever be

The Joy Formidable - Little Bimp

Erasure - A little respect

Crowded House - Locked Out

The Knack - My Sharona

Arctic Monkeys - Old Yellow Bricks

David Bowie - Rebel Rebel

Fatboy Slim - The Rockafeller Skank

Eminem - Without me

Extra track: Amerie - 1 Thing

Play time: 1hr 40 mins

My fellow runners, what do you say? Do you agree or disagree with my choice of songs? What favourite tunes do you jog along to? Share your perfect running play list with us!

2 comments: